Saturday, March 20, 2010

Looks like it's time to be frugal chic, folks

I only wear designer jeans. I go to the chicest gym in the city. I eat trendy, overpriced ethnic food. I am obsessed with cashmere. I eat out whenever and wherever I can. I buy expensive drinks, live in a hip neighborhood, buy organic fruit and go to the movies without thinking twice.

But I'm broke. Not only do I have the taste of someone richer than me, I have the spending habits of someone richer than me - and it's a problem.

I'm a recent college graduate working in an entry-level pr job in DC with an annoying amount of loan debt. I long to be metro chic, but it looks like it's time to be frugal chic. I am determined to cut back and tackle hip, cultured urban life on a budget.



That's why I started this blog.



I'll write about where I'm going, what I'm doing and how (God willing) I'm doing it on a budget. I'll talk about the things that are hardest for me to give up or change, and tips and finds for all of the struggling frugalistas out there.



Let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment